Monday, August 16, 2010

In-Service

Today was my second day of in-service. On Friday, our first day back, the whole staff gathered in the library for some trainings and announcements. I was introduced as the new 3rd grade bilingual teacher, talk about reality smacking you in the face! My babysitters name was announced as well (certified sub that will be in my room until graduation) but that's beside the point lol.

We did a couple of team building activities. I am so glad and blessed to be working with such a great group of peers!  My first year would be even MORE nerve raking if I was a new NEW teacher, if I knew no one and had never worked with these people before. Since I did interact with them last year I feel comfortable enough to say "HELP!" I'm sure this will be a great assistance throughout the year. :)

Today we had a 3rd grade meeting and then continued to work in our rooms. It's crazy how I think I'm almost done then think of 55409485029840927604297 other things that need to be done! Meet the teacher is on Thursday so I better a)get it done or b)act like I have it together. I think I'm going with c)getting as much of it together then acting like I know what I'm doing.

I keep saying I'm going to take pictures and post but like I stated I keep thinking of things I need to do in the room and postpone the picture taking until it's "perfect!"....so there might never be pictures on this blog sorry.

 3 days until Meet the Teacher! One week for school to start! yikes!

I have been dreaming of this for a long time, I'm great at dreaming. I hope I'm just as great at living it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment