Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Teacher Binder-The Sequel

My brain is filling up with ideas for this upcoming year. I have been absolutely taken back by the love the original Teacher Binder post got. Made my teacher heart happy to know it might of helped others. Thank you guys!

Now, let's make it better.

Last year was my first year having two classes, I had been self-contained the past years. Therefore one binder was perfect. Not only did I get another class, we through some language changes in there as well. My district is implementing the Gomez and Gomez Dual Language Program. In short; I have one class for Language Arts/Science/Social Studies in Spanish, second class for Language Arts/Math in English. I had mixed feelings about it and while excited was also hesitant of the change. Like we all know, organization is key so my mind lost it for a bit. So much to keep up with!

With all of that, I just couldn't make one binder work. Trust me I tried to hold on to it as long as possible. I ended the year with three binders and somewhat of a "system". THREE?! Yeah I know. Don't freak yet. One was pretty much a stationary binder that never left my desk. Other two were data driven/planning/small group binders. Not sure yet if I can find a way to combine these somehow, seemed to work great.

Playing with ideas before setting up for  upcoming year and would love input. What worked for you from last binder that you can't imagine changing? What did you add to make it better? What would you like to see in it? What was missing? You get the idea.

Let's do this team!

No comments:

Post a Comment